We provide a high-quality Physical Education (PE) curriculum which inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. We provide regular opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness – embedding values such as fairness and respect in the process.
In Key Stage 1, pupils are taught to:
- master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching, as well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination, and begin to apply these in a range of activities
- participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending
- perform dances using simple movement patterns.
In Key Stage 2, pupils are taught to:
- use running, jumping, throwing and catching in isolation and in combination
- play competitive games, modified where appropriate, and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
- develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance
- perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
About PE and Sport Premium
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport.
Click here to find out more about how the Primary PE and Sport Premium is used in our school.